Friday, October 7, 2011

Signs of Fall


Well, the rumor mill around work last week was all about how the temperature is going to drop this week. So, I decided I needed to start "winter-izing" the garden. Or at least save all the wonderful herbs I lost to an early frost last year. So my dutiful husband and I sheared back all the garden herbs and picked what was left of the vegetables...mostly carrots, though I think they would survive in colder temps. Plus, stay tuned for canning tomatoes. (On a side note, many of those lovely seedlings I planted in the spring never developed into vegetables. Oh well, c'est la vie. Next year, we'll try, try again.)

 Currently, my kitchen is hardly usable due every surface being covered by towels, cookie sheets, baking dishes and assorted platters that are serving as drying racks for all the herbs. I need to get them tied up and hanging! Geesh! Good thing they'll keep for now.

Herbs covering the counter and stove tops

Sage smells so good

Then again, so does rosemary


Two Varieties of Oregano

No comments:

Post a Comment