Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Only Way I Will Eat A Banana

OR...Stawberry-Banana Shake


So I went to yoga class this morning for the first time in months (Yay Me!). 
I always feel super inspired to be healthier after a yoga session 
(a need to atone for last night's supper of grilled cheese and fries didn't hurt either).

 This is one of my favorite quick and healthy treats. 

 One banana and a cup of strawberries in the blender.
 If you've got 'em, add or substitute other berries as well.
 Add one cup of OJ. 
This provides my liquid and sweetener in one. I don't add any other sugars.
 2 heaping scoops of yogurt (probably about 3/4 cup).
I use plain Greek yogurt, but any will do.
 A handful of ice cubes will help make it frothy.
Blend together. Start with pulses to break up the ice cubes, then puree until smooth. 
This will make two large servings (as seen above) or 4 smaller servings.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment