Monday, August 1, 2011

Peach Cobbler

I had a craving this weekend and I totally took care of it! And no, I'm not referring to the addictive fro-yo that has taken this town by storm (I swear, it's laced with something). I'm talking about good ol' home baked peach cobbler here.


Peach cobbler recipe:

3-4 sliced peaches tossed with 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar
(enough to generously cover your baking dish & compensate for "quality control" tastings)

top with:
2/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup brown sugar
3-4 tablespoons cold butter 
(your call on how "lite" this turns out, I tend to side with Paula Deen when it comes to butter)




Now, get your hands in there and combine those ingredients to incorporate the butter. 
Then spread evenly over the peaches. 
Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.


Scoop out a generous helping...
and serve with whipped cream.
(or if you're ravenous like me, just pour the heavy cream un-whipped over the top--
it'll taste the same.)

No comments:

Post a Comment