Thursday, March 15, 2012

Enchilada Sauce

So...I think I cook in spurts. 
I'll get a little fire in my belly and try all kinds of new recipes, experimenting in the kitchen. 

Then, nothing. 
For weeks. 

I get too tired, busy, unimaginative, stuck in a rut. I rely on the tried and true, boring and basic food. 

Have you noticed there haven't been any posts about food for a couple of weeks?

Apparently, I'm in another rut. 

Yikes! My poor hubby. Good thing he'd happily live on cans of baked beans if I let him. (Yuck-A!)

It's a good thing I keep the camera close at hand when I get into my cooking spurts. 

Today, I just happened upon these enchilada sauce photos. Enjoy!
I think I got the recipe here?

This must be a can of tomato sauce (8oz) with 
flour (3 T), chili powder (3T), oregano (1T), garlic salt (1/2t), and cocoa powder (1t):

Stirred into a paste:

Combined with water (1c) and reduced on the stove over low heat:

Oh! 
Look-y here. 
More photos. 

I guess I made enchiladas that night as well!
That must be the sauce reducing on the back burner, 
black beans up front, and onion & garlic in the skillet. 

Oohh...I see some yummy cheese all shredded up over there as well.

This is making me drool. They look sooo good. 
We need a fiesta so I can make these again!




There it is in a jar: 

Beautiful red enchilada sauce. 
I wonder how authentic it is?

Thanks for taking this stroll down food-memory lane with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment