Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pin-spiration

I found this fun little "apple pie" on Pinterest. 


But the recipe was in an indiscernable (to me) Asian language. 
So I took the Pin-spiration, and tried it out. 

 I diced up 3 apples and tossed them with cinnamon and sugar:


 I rolled out my favorite pie crust recipe and placed the apples in the center:


 I cut flaps into the crust:


 And then alternated folding the flaps across the apples at an angle. 




Then I popped it into the oven at 350 for 35-45 minutes 
(my crust recipe calls for 35 minutes, but I always have to go longer for a golden crust).


Here's my pie crust recipe, if you need one.

Pulse these ingredients in a food processor to combine:
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 stick of butter, cut into pieces

Then add 1/4 cup lemon juice and, again, pulse to combine.

Ball up dough and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 10 minutes. Then it's ready for use.



2 comments:

  1. yummmmmyyyy friend! how did it taste? (I mean, you can't really go wrong here...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to make another one and find out. This went to some friends who just had a baby.

    ReplyDelete