Saturday, May 26, 2012

Leftovers Brunch


Last night, we were went to my folk's house for a BBQ. 
On the menu: Salmon burgers, grilled asparagus, and a fruit tart. Nom, nom, nom. 

The best part: Mom sent us home with the left overs.  

This morning, I used the left over salmon burgers in a delectable omelet. Nom, nom, nom. 

Doesn't it look good with my favorite oatmeal cookie pancakes, fruit smoothie, and Chai tea. 

 

Ingredients: broken up salmon burger, grated cheese (mozzarella here, but I would have loved to have found Gruyere in my fridge this morning), diced onion, and fresh parsley. 

Saute the onion.
Beat the eggs with milk. 
I had a lot of filling, so I used 7 eggs and about 1/2 cup of milk. 
Pour into a large, hot frying pan. 
 
I watched a TV show one time in which they discussed omelets (thrilling, I know). 
I learned that they were traditionally a mid-day meal, made large, and served family style. 
I like this idea. There's less time commitment at brunch when you eliminate the many, smaller, made-to-order egg options.

When the egg is 90% cooked, spread the fillings across the top and carefully fold over.

Sometimes, with even the greatest of care, things fall apart. 


 
That's why it is always important to reserves some of your fillings for the topping.
 
Melted cheese and herbs will hide any number of errors in the kitchen (so will liquored up guests. Make sure that Mimosas, Screwdrives, or Bloody Marys are readily available for your friends and family).

Now you're ready to dish up and eat! Preferably in a beautiful garden buzzing with bees, butterflies, and birds. Here's a few snapshots from mine:














 PS- I wish I knew an easy way to get all these pics of my garden grouped together more nicely. It's like trying to pose a family photo.

1 comment:

  1. one word: YUMMMMMM! It looks amazing Amy! can we fly up for breakfast tomorrow? lol

    ReplyDelete