Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quinoa Salad #1

This is my variation on a recipe I once saw in a magazine. I took off on the combination of chickpeas, quinoa and corn.

A note on measurements and ingredients:

I'm not very good when it comes to measuring, I think it goes along with the inability to follow recipes. But I've never found it to be that important: People have different preferences for flavors. Some like a lot of onion (I didn't use any in this salad b/c I'm trying something with my diet, but I think it would be a yummy addition), others like lots of corn. You might prefer some mushrooms, which this household doesn't like. Tofu would also be a soy-rific add-in. So amp up or tone down ingredients and trade them out as you like. For anyone needing more direction, I'm sorry. I tried to include amounts as I could. I should probably get better about this, since I'm writing a blog and all. Until then, here are the...

"Guidelines"

15 oz chickpeas (canned or from dried)
1 c quinoa (pre-cooked amount)
1/2 box Farfalle pasta
1 ear corn (or 1 c frozen)
basil
parsley
1/2 bunch radishes, sliced
favorite salad dressing (I used Annie's Organics Goddess dressing)
salad greens
Cotijas (or Feta) cheese, crumbled
sunflower seeds (or maybe some kind of nut? This is out of my jurisdiction.)

Be sure to cook quinoa, pasta, corn and chickpeas as necessary. Separately. In water or veg. broth. Don't forget to cut the corn from cob. I also rinsed everything in cold water so it wouldn't wilt or cook raw items.

Toss with dressing:
quinoa, pasta, corn, onion, chickpeas, tofu, radishes, and freshly snipped basil & parsley.



Spoon over salad greens.
Farmers' Market Spinach
Top with cheese and sunflower seeds.
Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment